Alzheimer’s Disease: Changes, Challenges and Opportunities
Date: Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Location: Hyatt Regency Monterey, 1 Old Golf Course Road
Time: 7:30 – 8:15 AM Registration; 8:15 AM – 4:00 PM Conference
This annual education conference is designed to fit the needs of families caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia. It is also for professionals who would like to learn more about Alzheimer’s disease, the challenges and hope for the future. CEU (6) will be available.
- Laurie White, MSW, Dementia Care Consulting He's Not Misbehavin', He's Communicatin' and
- Elizabeth Edgerly, Ph.D., Chief Program Officer of the Alzheimer's Association, Northern California & Northern Nevada Alzheimer's Disease: The Latest in Science, Recognition and Care
- Sam Trevino, LCSW, Director of the Monterey County Area Agency on Aging
- Brian Ellinoy, Pharm.D. Healthy Aging and Brain Health
- John O'Brien, CEO, Central Coast Senior Services, Inc. Aging in Place
Registration is required. Register online at edconference.kintera.org/Monterey2016, call 1.800.272.3900 or 831.647.9890. Registration: $75 - $125.
The Alzheimer’s Association presents: Honoring Ourselves While Caring for Others
Speaker: Shary Farr, Partners for Transitions
April 22, 2016, 10:00 am – Noon
Appropriate Audience: General Public and Caregivers
21 Lower Ragsdale Drive, Monterey
Additional parking is available in upper lot at 5 Mandeville Court.
As caregivers, we are often told to “take good care of ourselves.” This program will provide the personal, practical and financial information to do just that. We will create a foundation of security, well-being and support should any crisis happen to us. It is up to each of us to make our own lives as protected as those for whom we care. We deserve it. And that is good caregiving! Please join us.
To attend or for more information, call the Monterey office at 1.800.272.3900
No charge for workshop, however donations are appreciated.